After sharing with you this post about simple routines to help you feel gorgeous, pampered and healthy everyday, I now would like to share my top 5 favorite face oils, that you can either use to massage your face, or simply apply as a serum or at night for extra nourishing.
Before I’ve started to use oils, I was a bit dubious about using something that heavy on my face. I felt that it was going to clog my pores, make my skin feel all greasy and heavy, and increase pimples or worsen my T-zone. The truth is that for the longest time I had very dry skin all over and now, due to hormones and ageing my skin is revealing a bit of its own personality. I now have combination sensitive skin and most of my pimples are almost always because I ate something fry or unbalanced for me. This is great, I guess, as not only makes me realize what foods make me feel and look better, but is also an incentive not to eat triggering foods, because no one likes to go around sporting pimples on their forehead!
Now, I have two different ways to use oils on my face. The first is to remove makeup/cleanse (which is great, btw) and the second is a face serum or moisturizer. When I use oil as a cleanser, I choose either coconut or argan oil, but I’ve read that jojoba oil is also very good. If I happened to use more makeup than usual (very rare) I also wash with a foam cleanser (read more about the double cleanse method here) after the oil and then moisturize. If it is a simple face wash, with no makeup or a bit of mascara, I don’t moisturize after the oil cleanser, because I find it too heavy for me. Simply finish the oil cleanse with a warm cloth on your skin and you are ready to go (to bed, that is!).
When I don’t cleanse my face with oil, and use a regular foam or gel cleanser, I do moisturize with oil in the end, and that’s when I like to apply the oils I recommend in this post. They are very nutrient-rich, light, and you just need a drop or two to your whole face [I like to put the drop in my hands and rub the palms together before applying – this will heat the oil and activate its ingredients].
Some people like to use it before moisturizer, as a serum, as it a good makeup fixer, but I find it too heavy for me, that’s why I stick with the oil at night, to replenish my skin. Concerning the T-zone, from my experience after consistently using oil for over two years, it actually happened to balance my skin – the dry cheeks are nourished and the T-zone didn’t produce excess sebum due to the oil, on the contrary, it became less oily.
And finally, when it comes to choosing oils, it’s always a matter of personal need and preference, but these are my favorites so far. All vegan, 100% natural, cruelty-free, organic and filled with goodness to help hydrate and balance your skin. Btw, all of them smell good in my view, all botanical gorgeous simple scents. So here they are, my top 5, favorite face oils:
1. This Green People Anti-Aging facial oil was the first one I’ve ever used, and I’ve chosen it not because of the anti-aging properties, but because every review said it was so lightweight. And it is! It has rosehip, avocado, almond and vitamin E in its formula, plus, I really like this pump as it allows to use every bit of the oil until the the last drop (win-win!)
2. This fragrant Lani Tropical super serum oil is the one I love to use during winter as it truly smells like a tropical vacation. Also, I feel that it is a bit more heavy for my skin and perfect for cooler temperatures. It has camellia, watermelon, marula, jojoba, passionfruit and jasmine oils, also with added vitamin E for extra goodness.
3. My love for all things Evolve is well known here on the blog, so it’s no surprise that their Evolve Miracle facial oil is in this top 5! This one contains rosehip, argan and nigella oils and, as with all their products, the quality is extraordinary and I love the simple aesthetical approach of their products allied to efficiency of the formulas.
4. I found this Madara Superseed soothing hydration organic facial oil simply because I was interested in trying an option with broccoli seed oil after reading this article – no wonder, considering my love for all things broccoli. Let me tell you that it is a thing and it truly works! The texture is amazingly light and considering the fabulous properties, adding to the fact that this oil also has avocado, rosehip, oat and evening primrose oils is a truly fantastic combo!
5. Finally, a face oil favorite list wouldn’t be complete without La Belle Lune. Just looking at this gorgeous product makes you want to try it, now know that it also has almond, chia, jojoba, avocado, lavender, rosehip, frankincense, sea buckthorn and carrot seed essential oils! Luxurious, right? Plus, it has the same pump system as the Greenpeople oil, which is a bonus, and it comes in a tinted glass bottle to better preserve the botanical qualities of the components. It is a must try if you truly want to pamper yourself and it will make you feel like a goddess – which you already are 🙂
I hope you enjoy these suggestions and give some of these a try in your self-care routine! If you already know any of these products or use oils to care for your skin, please feel free to comment and share your experience!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions about these products are my own and not influenced in any way. I am an affiliate for some of these links, which means that If you decide to purchase any of these items through my links I will earn a small commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link and I am very grateful if you choose to do so as it allows me to keep this blog running. I will never endorse or recommend a product that I do not love or that doesn’t reflect the lifestlyle I promote.